Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Pink Stamper Color Challenge

This card took so much longer than it should have. I started to pick out colors and an idea yesterday. It took 3 hours of interrupted time, 3 year old wanted mommy attention. As I look at the picture it saddens me that all the time I took to pick the colors and they look so dull. Hubby wanted me to make a card is for someone in the ICU awaiting a lung transplant, from coworkers. What do you think, how would you design a card for this situation.


I used DCWV for the orange and green cardstock. The turquoise is from Michael's.
The polka dot is KI paper pad.

I wish I had a green jel pen to edge the orange flower.

This is the first time I am writing what I am using to design,  and I am writing this without looking at the most common way to blog the recipe, or this would never make it up. So, I apologize for a not so pretty look.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Trina! Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog today, about my disappointment at being told late in the process that those of us who served as "blog stops" would not be eligible to win the grand prizes available. The decision by the hop organizer felt disrespectful. I know that sounds odd, but when I agree to be a stop in a Blog Hop, I put my all into it. It's a commitment to me; it takes time, planning, and distracts me from my own projects.

    In the case of that hop, I agreed to participate because the cause (Domestic Abuse Awareness) is very important to me. I am a survivor, of abuse within a former marriage, as well as in my childhood. It took a lot for me to open up about it, as it still frightens me to this day, 17 years after getting out, getting free. I have a hard time trusting people as a result. And perhaps I had come to trust the hop coordinator. Worse, I felt judged in an uncomfortable way.

    I think we all come to this special place of creativity to be free, and be happy. To share and to enjoy the work of others. I love looking at others' blogs!!

    Your cards are very sweet -- I can't imagine how you fit crafting time in with Mommy Time, especially with 2 little ones. My daughter (Emily, now 25) introduced me to Cricut and we love our time crafting together. I hope that your daughters will share that love with you as they grow.

    May I make a suggestion on your jel pen lines? I found a nifty little trick to making the little lines straight and the same size, to make them look like faux stitching. You know those plastic canvas sheets or squares or circles? Just use those as a guide! I found if you trim out every other square, you can even make longer "stitches", though the look of the tiny ones are really cute.

    If you don't have a chance to go out to get some of the plastic canvas, just drop me an e-mail with your addy and I'll send you a piece of mine for you to try. You'll ♥ it!

    Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey

    ReplyDelete